Linda Lubitz Boone, CFP®, Founder, President and Chief Compliance Officer
Linda Lubitz Boone, CFP®, is the President and Founder of The Lubitz Financial Group. She provides Personal Financial Planning and Investment Management for individuals and pension plan trustees on a fee-for-service basis. Linda has over 30 years’ experience in financial services. She holds a B.A. in Economics and is a Certified Financial Planner™ practitioner and a Certified Divorce Planner. She is the co-author of the book, Investment Policy Statements – Guidelines and Templates, published by The Financial Planning Association. Linda is quoted frequently in the press, including The Wall Street Journal, CBS Market Watch, FORTUNE, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance Magazine, Newsweek, The Miami Herald and WIOD. Linda has exceptional skills in working with clients who are undergoing life transitions such as death of a spouse, planning a post-professional life, divorce, sudden inheritance or job change.
Linda is fortunate to have been recognized for her contributions to both the financial planning community as well as for her community work. A few of her honors include:
- In 2018, Linda was honored as one of the “Top 50 Women-Led Businesses” by The Commonwealth Institute, an organization devoted to advancing businesswomen in leadership positions.
- “One of America’s Best Financial Advisors” by Worth Magazine for over 10 years.
- Profiled as a “South Florida Honcho” in South Florida Magazine.
- Named “One of the 50 Distinguished Women in Wealth Management” by Wealth Manager Magazine.
- The Lubitz Financial Group was chosen as one of South Florida Business Magazines’ Top 200 Businesses.
- Selected as “One of the Top Financial Advisers for Doctors” by Medical Economics Magazine.
- Bloomberg Wealth Manager has regularly recognized the firm as one of the Top Wealth Management firms in the country.
- She has also been selected by the Consumers’ Research Council of America as one of America’s Top Financial Planners.
Prior to the establishment of her firm in Miami, Linda spent 18 years in banking as president of AmeriFirst Securities Corporation, the Broker-Dealer subsidiary of AmeriFirst Bank. She was also a Managing Partner of Evensky & Brown. Her professional and community affiliations have included being elected to the National Board of Directors for the International Association for Financial Planning, and subsequently, to the Financial Planning Association Board. Linda is also the co-founder of the Capstone Group, a consortium of the top financial planning firms in the United States. She is an emeritus member of the TIAA-CREF Institute Advisory Board and the Florida Bankers Trust School faculty. She is a member of the History Miami Endowment Investment Management Committee. She loves to raise herbs and perfected her cooking skills by learning at various culinary schools. In addition, Linda plays tennis and has been learning golf and one day will be good at it! She loves to travel, with her husband, to many different places, including a successful summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro in 2004.